Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Introduction

Being new-ish to the area and having just completed a sailboat ( a John Welsford Navigator Yawl Rigged Cruising Dinghy I've called Stingaree) I have been  trying to get an idea the whereabouts and characteristics of places to launch my 15 footer.
First ever sail and Stingaree on a reach from Kapiti Island back to Paraparaumu


Finally launched and underway in light breezes

Kapiti Island

Now that I have completed my boat and sailed a little before winter struck, I thought it might be worthwhile to explore the area and to document what I find.
The area I plan at this stage to include will be from the South Coast as far north as Foxton Beach.
At this point I plan to record photos general information such as amenities, type of ramp or put-in current costs (if any), particular known restrictions etc.
As far as actual sailing characteristics are concerned, I may be in a position to elaborate more on these as I gain more experience on the water (eg sand bars tides etc). I hope visitors to the blog too, can contribute from their own experiences.

Cheers

Geoff

1 comment: